Justice of the Peace and Ceremony Music Options


The Bridal Center Justice of the Peace will create a beautiful, personalized ceremony with you!

DJs can provide onsite ceremony music with a second DJ system & microphones.

Compare “Live” Classical Musicians playing traditional wedding music below.


 Select a category below for more info:

Justice of the Peace
Flute & Classical Guitarbtn_fluteGuitar
String Ensemblesbtn_violin
Piano & Morebtn_piano

The Bridal Center Justice of the Peace


Justice Michael




Justice Greg


Ceremony Options


1. Basic “Civil” Ceremony (pre-written/may not be modified) (may be held in our office at the Bridal Center 1 Main St. Andover, MA) Short & sweet legal ceremony. All you will need is a marriage license.  Ideal for couples planning a foreign/destination wedding. Be officially married in U.S. first, with local town hall access to your marriage certificate.  Options: $150-$250  
2. Customized & Personalized Ceremony (created together) (held at your venue, indoors or outdoors)   Options: $350-$450

  • Initial prenuptial counseling conference/consultation
  • Unlimited planning consultations (we’ll work on your ceremony until it’s perfect!)
  • Creation of a Customized & Personalized Ceremony Script Together (may include: personal written vows, readings, poems, songs etc)
  • Select your Ceremony Passages from Several Options (to make it unique)
  • Optional Special Moment** (see most popular choices below)
  • JP Co-ordinates Ceremony cues with function manager and your DJ or Musicians
  • JP/Officiant for Customized Ceremony, Solemnizing & Certifying the Marriage
  • Complimentary Copy of your Customized Ceremony Text
  • Submission of Signed Marriage Certificate to City or Town Clerk
Optional Special Moment ** (your choice: included free with customized ceremony)

  • Unity Candle Lighting Ceremony
  • Combining of Sand Ceremony
  • Roses Presented to the Mothers
  • Religious Passage Reading
  • “A Mother’s Love” (honors your moms)
  • Wine Bottle/Love Letter Box Ceremony

** clients must provide items required for Special Moment.

Rehearsal (at your venue on a Separate Date) $150-$250
Wireless Mic & Powered Speaker  ($100 if rented elsewhere) (included free at ceremony in All-Inclusive Package below)  

Read all of our wedding reviews on our Bridal Center JP Storefront at Wwlogo 83x19

“All-Inclusive Package”  Options: $500-$700

  • Initial prenuptial counseling conference/consultation
  • Unlimited email and/or telephone follow-up consultations
  • Creation of a Customized & Personalized Ceremony Script Together (may include: personal written vows, readings, songs or Special Requests)
  • Select your Ceremony Passages from Several Options (to make it unique)
  • Addition of Optional Special Moment (as many as you desire)
  • A 2nd prenuptial counseling conference to finalize all details
  • Rehearsal (Attend & Conduct your week-of-the-wedding scheduled rehearsal)
  • JP Co-ordinates Ceremony cues with function manager and your DJ or Musicians
  • Officiant for Customized Ceremony, Solemnizing & Certifying the Marriage
  • Wireless microphone & powered speaker at ceremony ( if needed)
  • Battery-Powered System if needed where no power is available (beach, park etc)
  • Complimentary Copy of Your Customized Ceremony Text
  • Submitting Your Signed Marriage Certificate to City or Town Clerk

 Member Mass Justices of the Peace Association

Vee n Jeffrey Crop 10-11-15

Ceremony Requirement FAQs

What do we need to do before our ceremony?
You will need a valid Marriage License in order to be married in Massachusetts.
How do we obtain a Marriage License in Massachusetts?
You must BOTH go to any City or Town Clerk’s office to “File Your Intentions”.
What does it cost to file for the marriage license?
Fees will vary depending on the city or town within the commonwealth.
Do we have to be residents in the town/city where we file?
You do not have to be a resident of the town/city and the license may be used to be married in any other city or town within Massachusetts. It is not valid out of the state.
What do we need to bring when we file for the license?
You must both be over 18 and show valid IDs: (birth certificate, driver’s license, passport etc). If either person is under 18 years old, a court order must be obtained first from the probate court or district court where the minor resides.
Are there any other requirements?
In Massachusetts, there is no blood test required, but after filing, there is a waiting period of 3 days before you can pick up your license from the clerk’s office. The 3-day waiting period may be waived only by a court order. If either or both of you are divorced, divorces must be FINAL before the time of the filing of intentions. Massachusetts does not require any witnesses present at a marriage ceremony.
How long is the License good for?
It is good for 60 days from the date you file for it, so don’t file too early.  A month before is perfect.
What do we do after we get the license?
Give it to your Justice of the Peace in advance. A good time is at your rehearsal or earlier. A Justice of the Peace cannot perform the ceremony without your marriage license. After your marriage ceremony, your JP is required to sign and return your license to the City/Town Clerk’s Office where you applied for it. After it has been recorded there, that is the only place where certified copies will be available, at a fee. Each town/city hall will set the fee for the official copy.
“We were at a wedding that offered cocktails before the ceremony. Any thoughts?
A wedding ceremony is usually followed by 5 or more hours of eating , drinking and dancing to help you celebrate your marriage. It is a grave error to permit the drinking of alcohol prior to the ceremony, since it can alter clear judgement and lessen the full, polite attention span of those who drink beforehand. For this reason, we suggest leaving specific instructions with your venue/bartender, wedding party (flasks!), family and guests that you would prefer everyone to respect your wishes to start the party AFTER the ceremony.
“How do you handle annoying cell phones and intrusive cameras disrupting a ceremony?
Our customized ceremony offers couples the option of a polite pre-ceremony announcement asking everyone to please power down their cell phones and to allow the professional photographer to capture the pictures while all attendees capture the ceremony with their hearts.  We can offer many other ideas to help you craft your ceremony.
“What do you think about having a friend or relative perform the ceremony for us?”
Most of the time, it turns out very similar to having a friend with an iPod try to DJ and MC a wedding for the first time. It looks easy until you try to do it yourself.  An experienced, professional wedding officiant who takes pride in his or her work is always your best option if you want everything to be organized correctly and run smoothly.
Can you perform our ceremony in New Hampshire?
Yes, but I will need to apply in advance for a special permit that allows a Massachusetts Justice of the Peace to legally perform a marriage in New Hampshire. A small surcharge is added to cover the NH fee involved.